[Kde-hardware-devel] KScreen: Do preferredMode right

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Sat Jan 12 16:57:03 UTC 2013

So far we are exposing only one preferred mode in the Config api even though
in really there are more than one preferred mode and we should expose that.

Besides, while fixing the XRandR backend to return only the best suitable
preferred mode, I realize that this job should be done by the frontend, or
rather not by the backend (check the best suitable preferred mode).

As a result of this, I have pushed a branch called preferredDoneRight where:

-Output::setPreferredMode has been deleted
-Output::setPreferredModes(Qlist<int> modes) has been added
-Backends ported

This way, we stay compatible while doing it right :p

I have pushed the same branch to kscreen and tested it.

Branch name: preferredDoneRight