[Kde-hardware-devel] Blackberry playbook/Z10 and device notofier

Sergey Vidyuk sir.vestnik at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 08:15:49 UTC 2013

Hello

I have blackberry playbook and want to simplify work with it in KDE. I want to
see a device in the device notifier and dolphin left panel when I plug it via
usb. The issue is the way device interacts with a PC.

 * it's visible as usb network interface
 * there is DHCP server onboard
 * after IP is obtained device internal storrage is accessed throug the SMB
protocol.

I've configured running dhcpcd on device is connected using udev+systemd and I
can configure automatic mount of the device via fuse, however I would like to
have nice integration with KDE instead (device with custom icon in the device
notifier applet which can be mounted and unmounted through this applet)

I've read Solid project documentation but found only information how to add
actions for devices but not devices themself. Can it be done via configuration
(writing desktop entries) or should it be done in some kind of plugin for
solid written in C++? Can somebody give me good start point to digg how to do
what I want?

Sergey Vidyuk