[Kde-hardware-devel] Draft for a GSoC idea. nm statistics and auto proxy switching

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Apr 20 13:47:59 UTC 2013

On Saturday, April 20, 2013 07:35:46 Lamarque V. Souza wrote:
> 	Now I am wondering what programs use the configuration in systemsettings
> Network Settings -> Proxy besides Konqueror.

All of KIO, including everything that has set their QNetworkAccessManager to
KIO::NetworkAccessManager.

What I would not like to see is cluttering either the UI or code of our NM
stack with statistics collection. (Counting traffic per connection or
connection type seems useful, but let's not go overboard with this, the most
important concern is primary functionality, performance, and wakeups in the
code. Especially sending statistical data over DBus, or doing complex saving
on disk does really not seem to contribute to these goals.

In any case, Lamarque being the maintainer has the last word. :)

Cheers,
--
sebas