[Kde-hardware-devel] GSock Project

Lakshminarayanan Srinivasan sanjay.slnarayanan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 15:50:19 UTC 2012

Hi,
SO this is what I have in mind.
    I am thinking of creating an android app and one Desktop client for
KDE.
Initially I will be able to support only USB transfer (due to time
constrain) but it can be extended to sync
over WiFi and Bluetooth. On the desktop client u select the mode of
communication and it pops up a QR code with information
necessary for the communication (say the IP address, port and some
authentication code). Thus both the PC and the mobile needs to be unlocked
in order to sync and you cannot sync to/from a locked device. Once the QR
code is recognised by the mobile , it establishes a TCP connection
between the Android client and the Desktop Client. And the syncing starts .
I have figured out how I can add songs, extract contact details, sync
calendar ,get SMSs and emails etc on the android side.
How ever on the desktop side I have a few queries.
   KDE has different apps for each of the above functions .
         Kontact,KAddressbook,KOrganiser,Kmail ,Amarok,etc
   I would like to know how I can interact with these. Like in android ,
with just android API calls , I can accomplish the above tasks.
 Likewise are there any generic KDE api calls that can be used to
               -> Query Amarok for songs , Add songs , remove Songs
                -> Query Kontact ,add contacts , remove contacts, etc
                 so on
Or should I write a plugin for each of these or someother hack(like reading
and writing a file containing the info) .

S.Lakshminarayanan