[Kde-hardware-devel] PowerManager Library

Daniel Nicoletti dantti12 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 21:49:35 UTC 2012

Patch done, tested, works pretty well
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/105310/

> I changed it to QDBusReply, which is the equivalent to
> QDBusPendingReply+waitForFinished, and the crash is gone (the link above is
> a diff output showing thatt). The link in your last email states that
> QDBusPendingReply::value() does an implicit waitForFinished. The code in the
> link above is very old (probably more than three years old) and it used to
> work perfectly until some months ago when I received a crash report from
> bugs.kde.org. After reading the link you sent I am wondering why out of
> sudden QDBusPendingReply::value() stopped doing the implicit waitForFinished
> in Plasma NM? The interface is not invalid, if you read the rest of Plasma
> NM code you will notice that the cod above run only when the Plasma NM's
> kded module send the RemoteActivatableAdded signal, which indicates the DBus
> interface is available.
Well I don't know the crash backtrace, so I can't tell what the problem is.

> Ok, so how do you use them if they are still invalid after the service is
> back to the bus?
Well the interface is invalid while no app has registered it, after some
app registers it you can access. I do this a lot on my apps.

> So why did you bring the kded latency problem to the talking? What was your
> pointing in doing that?
Because you mentioned the desktop-freeze problem which was also because of
a dead lock between apper and nm, async solved the problem, but using
threads would have solved too (which is why apper kded module now runs
on a thread, colord-kde kded, and print-manager...)