[Kde-hardware-devel] Semantics of Solid::Device::listFromType()

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Mon Jul 30 10:53:40 UTC 2012

Sorry for the delay.

Indeed it seems that only hal and iokit are doing it well, it seems that we
forgot to implement this when we did the hal to u* migration.

Will patch udev backend asap, once it is tested I will ask the other
maintainers to apply a similar patch.

In solid2, this code should be shared somehow, since as you pointed it is more
or less the same thing across backends, that way we will enforce the same
behaviour everywhere, also Unknown maybe should be renamed to Unspecific for
this case?

Cheerz and thanks for looking into this !