[Kde-hardware-devel] Semantics of Solid::Device::listFromType()

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 23 14:08:38 UTC 2012

Raphael Kubo da Costa <rakuco at FreeBSD.org> writes:

> The documentation for Solid::Ifaces::DeviceManager::devicesFromQuery(),
> which is called by Solid::Device::listFromType(), seems to state that
> the parameters `parentUdi' and `type' are parsed separately, and the
> method returns the union of the sets found by each of them. In other
> words, if I pass a non-empty QString to `parentUdi' and pass
> Solid::DeviceInterface::Unknown to `type', I should get all devices
> (regardless of their type) which have the given parent.

Actually, none of the backends seem to advertise
Solid::DeviceInterface::Unknown as a supported interface, so right now
passing that as the type to listFromType will always return an empty
list, so the whole semantics are even stranger than I had thought.