[Kde-hardware-devel] Color Managing KDE

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 10:46:53 UTC 2012

First, I apologise about the cross posting. Please drop any list which
isn't relevant in your replies, and please also cc me as I'm not
subscribed to either list.

GNOME has been a color managed desktop by default for two releases
now, and I deliberately designed colord to have an open Freedesktop
DBus API that could be used by both desktops. Really, KDE just has to
include a KCM module to do the 6 things on this list and also perhaps
include a simple control center panel to configure it.

Basically, I need a KDE dude. Of course, I can help quite a lot and
mentor the project, but I’ve never really coded Qt or C++ in anger, so
to speak. If you’re interested, I could maybe even set up a Google
summer of code place as well, although I’d prefer it to be an existing
person familiar with the KDE community so there is some ongoing
maintainer.

If anybody is interested, let me know and I’ll set up a meeting and we
can talk and discuss details. Thanks.

Richard Hughes