[Kde-hardware-devel] patch for reviewboard

Lisa Vitolo syn.shainer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 00:09:31 UTC 2012

Hello again,

I tried to post my patch on the reviewboard following the instructions
on techbase. I generated the patch file locally, but when I upload it
on the KDE reviewboard I get this error:
  error: unable to find e3ab51f82bbd205f5be197bfd40aebddee5b07de
fatal: git cat-file e3ab51f82bbd205f5be197bfd40aebddee5b07de: bad file
Looking at this file with git cat-file in my local repo I found out
this is a pre-existent Solid file I modified. If I replace it with the
actual version currently found on anongit, the error just appears
again for some other file.

In addition, I had a look at the patch file with kompare and it looks
fine. My guess is that since all my development took place in a
separate repository, git started assigning different SHA hashes to my
files, especially when I did "git pull --rebase" to sync my branch
with master, with all the merges that usually follow in these cases.
But the reviewboard still looks at your anongit repository for
confirmation, and it doesn't find it. Or (more likely) something went
wrong during one of those merges. Sadly my git's expertise stops here
(and also google doesn't provide many solutions), any clue on how to
proceed? :)

Lisa

--
“I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box
when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.”