[Kde-hardware-devel] Solid: changes in wicd DBus API

David Paleino d.paleino at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 20:09:09 UTC 2011

Hello,
(please CC me on replies)

I'm an upstream developer of wicd, and Anthony (CCed, upstream of the wicd-kde
frontend) suggested that I warned KDE Solid developers about changes in wicd
DBus interface.

With the upcoming 1.7.1 (which I plan to release on 17-18 December, Anthony
will release wicd-kde on that date too), the DBus interface will indeed change.
In order to have some proper l10n (with .po files, xgettext and such), I had to
change CheckWire{d,less}ConnectingMessage() to return a proper message, instead
of a "status code" (which was used for comparisons elsewhere in the code) --
that old behaviour is now available from CheckWire{d,less}ConnectingStatus()
(which are two new methods).

Please have a look at revision 605:

    http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~wicd-devel/wicd/experimental/revision/605#wicd/wicd-daemon.py

You can use the Hello() DBus daemon method to get the wicd version; I suggest
checking for >= 1.7.1 and using the appropriate method.

Thank you,
David

--
 . ''`.   Debian developer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino