[Kde-hardware-devel] Re: API changes in ModemManager backend

Lamarque Vieira Souza lamarque at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 18:45:07 CEST 2011

Em Sunday 19 June 2011, Alex Fiestas escreveu:
> On Saturday, June 18, 2011 09:25:59 PM you wrote:
> > 	Hi,
> >
> > 	I want to change the return value from the methods below from void to
> >
> > QDBusPendingReply<>:
> >
> > Solid::Control::ModemGsmCardInterface::
> > QDBusPendingReply<> sendPuk(const QString & puk, const QString & pin)
> > const; QDBusPendingReply<> sendPin(const QString & pin) const;
> > QDBusPendingReply<> enablePin(const QString & pin, const bool enabled)
> > const; QDBusPendingReply<> changePin(const QString & oldPin, const
> > QString & newPin) const;
> >
> > 	That would make things easier for me in Plasma NM and since there is no
> >
> > other program that uses the MM backend I think there will be no problem
> > to do that in kde-workspace master (future 4.7.0). Can I do it?
>
> Not sure what part of the API is that, but if it is within the Backend you
> can do whatever you want since the backend should be used only from the
> public Solid::Control api.

	The changes must be done in the backend and frontend so that I can use it
in Plasma NM. Plasma NM is not part of kde-workspace, so the API changes in
the files below must be public:

/usr/include/solid/control/modemgsmcardinterface.h
/usr/include/solid/control/ifaces/modemgsmcardinterface.h

	Take a look at the attached patch with all changes included.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.geographicguide.com/brazil.htm