[Kde-hardware-devel] Re: 4.7 Release is coming, are we ready?

Rajeesh K Nambiar rajeeshknambiar at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 08:13:04 CEST 2011

Hi Alex,

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 2:18 AM, Alex Fiestas <afiestas at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi there fellow metalworkers!
>
> I just noticed that we're 1 month and a few days away from the KDE SC 4.7
> releae, so I thought that would be a good idea to ask this question, are we
> ready?
>
> From my side, there are a few things to fix or to improve before the release:
>
> BlueDevil 1.2 must be released on time, with better kio_obexftp support and
> fixing all crashes.

Is bluetooth tethering (GSM/CDMA) support planned? AFAIK, all the
necessary bits are already in Plasma NM.

> LibSolid: I'd like to take a look at one crash and fix the support for iPod
> devices, one of the most requested features.

I have an iDevice, and would be happy to help. Yesterday I've built
and tested kio_afc (https://github.com/JonathanBeck/kio_afc) and works
perfectly. It would be very nice if this gets integrated. I've looked
around kde-runtime and kde-workspace code to do so, but couldn't
figure out much yet :-)

> If you have any doubts just aks :) these are my questions:
>
> Where are we on NetworkManagement?
> Can we say that we have support for NM0.9?
> Is the current NetworkManagement status documented somewhere? (we've at least
> 3 development branches)
> Will, how is the Solid::Control removing going?
>
> PowerDevil: Is inhibition working? if it is, can we make sure that Phonon has
> support for it?
>
> UPnP: What's the status?
>
> Thanks!

Cheers,