[Kde-hardware-devel] Re: [KDE Usability] Re: Display Management Design

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Sun Jul 31 00:46:27 CEST 2011

On 07/30/2011 11:03 PM, Lukas wrote:
> My assumption was that user might want to have a few profiles with same
> layout (e.g on the left) but with different resolutions. The point here
> is resizing activity desktop.
>
> If user polishes his extended in the left full HD desktop and later
> connects VGA projector plasma will try to adapt entire layout. That
> would mess up entire job done on working activity. Having preferred
> activity per profile would avoid situations when plasma would have to
> auto-resize.

Well, we've to fix plasma by creating a container that knows about
proportion, all plasma is vectorial so it should be quite easy to do I
think. Anyway imho that's something for another thread.

I don't mind to add this feature but I'm not sure that we should add too
much focus on it in the GUI, we should assume that plasma will work well
and no layout will be messed.