[Kde-hardware-devel] Re: DS BoF about [startmenu] [taskbar] [systemtray] paradigm

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Sat Jul 23 22:34:37 CEST 2011

On 07/23/2011 10:01 PM, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
 > On Saturday, July 23, 2011 19:03:51 Alex Fiestas wrote:
 >> The idea is to unify postures of everybody involved in kde-workspace
 >> (which includes Solid team, that's why I've CC'd them). It is only once
 >> we know and agree where we fail that we will be able to fix something.
 >>
 >> So, what do you think? is it a good idea?
 >
 > i think a BoF would be nice, yes.
 >
 > we will also need to come up with a goal of what we want to achieve
so that we
 > can measure "goodness" and "fail".
I'd say: Find the common agreedment in the topic: "Where we fail" and if
we have enough time, find the common agreedment in "What we can do to
fix it"

 > also note that i'm not particularly interested in a huge set of
changes being
 > introduced unless people step up to do the serious, long-term work
that it
 > would entail and have a clear plan with solid reasoning behind it.
Well this is kind of an infinite loop, if we don't innovate and try to
fix where we fail (assuming that we agree on something), we won't
attract new developers willing to work on kde-workspace, and if we don't
get new developers then nobody will do the work or even fix current bugs
(like the ones I'm fixing).

Imho, we should not be afraid of designing a plan even if we don't have
enough manpwoer to do it.