[Kde-hardware-devel] Display Management Design

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Sat Jul 23 17:58:14 CEST 2011

Hi there fellows: metalworkers/plasmafiers?/usabilitiers? xD

Today we've started to draft what is going to be another Solid project,
this time to improve the Display Management.

As you may know, I have been working to fix the current code but as
happened to me before (KBluetooth) I can't improve the existing codebase
any further, so it is time to rewrite it.

Also, as occurred in the KBluetooth times, after fixing it now I have a
clearer idea of what we want and how we want it, and of course being a
hard user of "Multi Display's" helped.

So, this is the design so far:
http://community.kde.org/Solid/Projects/DisplayManagement/Design

Everything is open to changes, just say it and if everybody more or less
agree it will be changed.

Also, I'd like to consider this the first step towards KDE5 workspace,
uh oh what, I'm crazy? yes I'm :D
We've to update our guidelines about KCM's and unify them, right now all
we have is a mess :D

We have time to discuss the design I have a lot of work to do until I
start to do the GUI bits.

Cheers!