[Kde-hardware-devel] Re: Congratulations, we did it!

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Jan 24 16:09:36 CET 2011

On Monday 24 January 2011 12:51:13 Alex Fiestas wrote:
> KDE 4.6.0 has been tagged [1] having a rock solid support to run in a
> hal-free system, and I think that we should be proud of that :)

Heh, you beat me to it. I was waiting the official release though. ;-)

> Now is time to celebrate and take some beers to congratulate ourselves

Yes, I'm definitely very happy about the year 2010 for the Solid effort. It
brought a lot of new stuff, grew the community, and we managed the transition
away from HAL pretty well. Congrats everyone involved!

> :p and why not start to think about 4.7

Well, I know at least one person who is forging his weapons to get the UPnP
feature deployable. I'm definitely looking forward to that. :-)

I'd like 2011 to be the year where we climb up the stack and start polishing
the hardware detection on the GUI side. Once we get there we'll be better
armed to deal with lots of networked device, let's move to the ubiquitous
computing era.

Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net