[Kde-hardware-devel] Re: solid / HAL bluetooth

Alex Fiestas alex at eyeos.org
Sat Jan 8 20:16:47 CET 2011

On 01/08/2011 08:02 PM, Martin Koller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I read about the deprecation of HAL, so here's my question:
>
> When I plug in a bluetooth USB stick, KDE 4.6 RC2 solid/bluedevil does not find it.
> e.g. solid-hardware list|grep -i blue
> does not bring anything.
> But when I use the HAL tool
> hal-device |grep -i blue
> it gives me:
>    usb_device.product = 'BLUETOOTH USB +EDR ADAPTER Class 1 v2.1 UHE'  (string)
>    info.product = 'BLUETOOTH USB +EDR ADAPTER Class 1 v2.1 UHE'  (string)
>    usb_device.product = 'BCM2046B1 USB 2.0 Hub (part of BCM2046 Bluetooth)'  (string)
>    info.product = 'BCM2046B1 USB 2.0 Hub (part of BCM2046 Bluetooth)'  (string)
>
> Is this intended behaviour or is my setup broken ?
> It think with some earlier version of KDE (4.5 ?) it worked.

The Bluetooth support doesn't depend on "libsolid" which is what has
been actually
ported away from HAL. What libsolid had (and kind of has) is a way to
query the underlaying backend, but since that is a backend dependent the
behavour kept.

Maybe you want to take a look at libbluedevil for Bluetooth support.

> What do I have to do so that solid can again use the HAL detected devices ?
> (I'm on openSuse 11.3)
You can export: SOLID_HAL_LEGACY=1.