[Kde-hardware-devel] Proposed addition to Solid::Processor

David Hubner hubnerd at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 20 23:07:39 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am looking to create a patch that would add a new public member to
show if a processor was 32bit or 64bit. It should be easy to add to the
udev backend, the hal backend would need some assembler[1]. I would
thinking calling the public member bool longMode();

The use case is mainly informational, see bug 271017. I can see other
use cases for it though. Is this something that would be OK to create a
patch for and submit to the solid reviewboard?

[1]. Christoph Feck kindly added this link to the bug report.
http://wiki.osdev.org/User:Stephanvanschaik/Setting_Up_Long_Mode

Thanks
David Hubner
KInfoCenter Maintainer.