[Kde-hardware-devel] Solid & Firewire devices

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Sep 22 23:45:33 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 22 September 2010 23:23:00 jb wrote:
> when using solid-hardware like this:
>
> solid-hardware nonportableinfo 'guid'
>
> with the guid of my firewire device as shown in
> Solid::Device::allDevices(), I get a list of properties that are
> interesting to me (Camera name, vendor, ...). Using solid-hardware details
> 'guid' shows nothing (empty vendor and product).

Providing the output of both commands would actually help us to maybe help
you.

> So my question is: is there a way to query the ieee1394 devices through
> Solid?

Short answer is likely: no.
Now it depends which kind of device it is, from our POV Firewire is just a bus
type, on libsolid API that's the type of device (whatever bus it uses) which
matters.

Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net