[Kde-hardware-devel] UDev backend

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Mon Nov 29 11:19:13 CET 2010

Hello all,

I want to transmit you that I've no time at the moment to maintain the UDev
backend. Trying to do so right now would be a hard irresponsibility.

As you all know, Kevin and Alex Merry (maybe others too) have been fixing and
working on it while I have been a mere spectator.

On the Solid Sprint I thought I would have time for it but real life popped up
one more time, and it has been proved that I don't have such time for it.

I'm very sorry for making the solid team lose such precious time, and while
being an spectator and without the pressure of "I have to do this and that" I
hope to collaborate spontanously.

Sorry, team. Give KDE the UDev backend it deserves.

Best regards,
Rafael Fernández López.