[Kde-hardware-devel] Re: kcm randr

Alex Fiestas alex at eyeos.org
Thu Nov 4 12:12:10 CET 2010

Hi, sorry for the late response

Ereslibre and I are planning to do some work in the xrandr area, but not
specifically in the kcm but in all KDE Software.

We don't have a roadmap yet, so far what we've done is: research how XRandR
works, understand what are the difference between Output/Screen/Etc and create
an application using libxrandr that emulates the "xrandr" tool.
With the knowlege we've achieved we pretend to update the overall xrandr
integration in KDE Plasma Desktop, and in some applications.

Also of course, a new KCM will be done and a plasmoid to replace the current
KRandrTray, but we don't know when and how.

Most probably we will do it in extragear first, and then move it into the 4.7
release.