[Kde-hardware-devel] Review Request: Adds tab with Mobile Broadband info (depends on ModemManager)

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue May 18 22:14:44 CEST 2010

Hi Lamarque,

On Tuesday 18 May 2010 20:21:31 Lamarque Vieira Souza wrote:
> 	I have never got the plasmoid to work here after KDE SC 4.2.x, so I am
> using the monolithic version since then. If you help me make it work here I
> can start making changes on it, as long as it does not involve using trunk
> kdelibs, I prefer to keep using kdelibs 4.4.3.

Sure, let's try to make it work :)

I've kept backwards compatibility to 4.4, so that should be OK.

> 	When I enable the plasmoid here it does not react to any network
> interface (wired ethernet, wireless or 3G). As far as I remember there is
> no error message in .xsession-errors too.

I've explained some thing on:
http://vizzzion.org/blog/2010/02/tokamak-iv-network-management/

especially the part about the kded module could be the cause of your issue, so try:

qdbus org.kde.kded /kded loadModule networkmanagement

(when knetworkmanager is not running).

> 	I would like to have the plasmoid working here to use the network traffic
> monitor you showed in your blog
> (http://vizzzion.org/blog/2010/05/blog-back- online/). That is one of the
> things I miss in knm. For people who use 3G it is very important to count
> the traffic to know if they have reached their data limit. It would be
> great if the monitor could salve the traffic data to calculate the amount
> of data transferred during one month, like
> kppp/kppplogview do. One thing I miss in kppplogview is that it always
> starts couting at the first day of month, but the bill operator's cycle
> can start at any day of the month.
>
> 	I will try again to make the plasmoid work here. If I am successfull I
> will start to make my ModemManager changes on it.

Awesome :-)
--
sebas