[Kde-hardware-devel] network:/ ioslave for bluetooth devices

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Tue May 4 17:50:47 CEST 2010

Hello fellow developers,

We have created a small kioslave that lists bluetooth devices and
their services. But we are unsure if this should be merged in the
network:/ kioslave instead. I've been digging into the code and it
appears that this could be accomplished by implementing a new network
library backend: interface (BluetoothSystemAble), adapter
(BluetoothNetworkBuilder), and factory. OTOH, Friedrich in his blog
was asked if network:/ could list bluetooth devices, answering the
ioslave was limited for ethernet networks. Could someone enlighten me
in this topic?

Thanks in advance,
   Eduardo Robles Elvira.
---