[Kde-hardware-devel] Solid Meeting

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sat Mar 27 12:31:10 CET 2010

On Thursday 25 February 2010 19:48:32 Dario Freddi wrote:
> During Tokamak's Bof, the idea of having a Solid meeting popped up and was
> quite widely accepted. The topics of the meeting would be the future of
> Solid, finalizing the work on the new backend infrastructure - even if
> Kevin and Friedrich just have been a bit too fast :) - and hacking away.
>
> The dates proposed were for the last 2 weeks of May, and Kevin proposed
> Oslo as a location, for obvious reasons.

OK, I've been slow jumping in this thread, sorry about that.

From replies in this thread, I think that May is not a good match because of
people being unavailable. And when you think about it, June is cutting it
fairly close to Akademy.

What about aiming for having a solid room/BoFs during akademy hackathon and an
additional sprint late 2010/early 2011 instead?

I think late 2010 would even be a better bet, with Tokamak being generally
early in the year and obviously having some key metalworkers as we noticed,
that'd mean we could schedule for meeting three times a year:
 - First quarter during Tokamak a small set of metalworkers to do a check up
on how it's going on regarding our plans;
 - Summertime during Akademy mostly for planning the coming year until next
Akademy, and starting to hack in the right direction;
 - Last quarter a Solid sprint to furiously hack away, refine our plans and
make good progresses with them.

I guess that'd be the best use of the KDE calendar. This year is a bit special
as we bootstrapped that and we kind of made plans during Tokamak, which is
probably fine as it's still not very refined yet and that's something we could
aim at if most of us attend Akademy.

Any opinions?

Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net