[Kde-hardware-devel] API Stability of upower

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 19:50:53 CET 2010

2010/3/19 Dario Freddi <drf54321 at gmail.com>:
> On Thursday 18 March 2010 14:40:05 Richard Hughes wrote:
>> On 15 March 2010 22:48, Dario Freddi <drf54321 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I am mostly concerned about API stability. If there was an (even partial)
>> > guarantee of API stability I would be extremely happy, however I am
>> > mostly interested in knowing if any big changes to the public interfaces
>> > are planned in the near future, to avoid wasting my time and starting a
>> > versioned dependency hell.
>>
>> Nope, no big changes are planned. We might tweak here and there, or
>> add a few methods, but I'm mostly happy with what we've got now.
>
> Ok, thanks. I'll start giving it a shot then.

I think what should be mentioned though is, that new projects should
use the new libupower-glib library and not libdevkit-power-gobject.

The latter is mostly there, so existing apps keep working until they
are ported over to libupower-glib.

Or are you planning to only use the D-Bus API?

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?