[Kde-hardware-devel] Of UPnP and GSoC and integration

Nikhil Marathe nsm.nikhil at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 18:39:34 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm Nikhil Marathe. I am applying for the Amarok/KDE UPnP integration.
I have already been in talks with
Bart Cerneels about some things but I had a question about the exact
scope of Solid with respect to UPnP.

It seems to me that Solid will simply run the daemon which will watch
for appearing and disappearing UPnP
devices. It will be the KIO slave which will actually handle the
details such as querying the device about
services it provides and so on. So Solid maintains some kind of a
cache. Am I correct?

I have been reading through the archives, and it seems this old
draft[1] might have some useful things.
In either case I should have a first draft proposal ready by tomorrow,
after which I hope to get some
feedback about architecture and so on.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/kde-hardware-devel@kde.org/msg00358.html

Regards,