[Kde-hardware-devel] Exporting some Solid symbols

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Tue Jun 15 14:29:37 CEST 2010

Hi,

I've noticed that many of the symbols in Solid::Networking,
Solid::Networking::Notifier and Solid::PowerManagement::Notifier are not
exported.
I don't know why that is, but if you could export them it would be a huge help
for the bindings developers :).

Currently especially the Notifier classes are difficult to handle. We can't
wrap the signals in our SMOKE libs, because we get linking errors, and we
can't even access them properly at run-time, because
Notifier::staticMetaObject isn't exported either. The virtual method call to
metaObject() works, but that's not enough to implement syntactic sugar for the
bindings languages.

So if you could put a SOLID_EXPORT at least in front of the ::Notifier
classes, that'd be great and it would improve usability of the bindings by
quite a bit :).

P.S.: I can do the change myself if I get permission to do so.

P.P.S: Please CC me in answers as I'm not subscribed to this list.

--
Arno Rehn
arno at arnorehn.de