[Kde-hardware-devel] Solid UDisks backend

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Jul 26 09:30:47 CEST 2010

On Sunday 25 July 2010 16:21:19 Michael Zanetti wrote:
> As decided at akademy's solid BoF I have started implementing the UDisks
> backend for solid. Today I have commited my initial work to trunk. It still
> lacks a lot of things (some properties and most of the StorageAccess stuff)
> but provides already a lot of querying suff for storage devices.
> I'm committing this for you to test and proof-read and tell me if I'm on
> the right track.

Good, I'll try to allocate some time to review that this week.

> It seems there is some activity lately in branches/work/solid-
> devicekit/solid/backends/devicekit that is doing pretty much the same as
> the UDisks backend and adding some battery stuff. What are the plans for
> the devicekit backend? At the akademy ervin told us it would be an old
> attempt and not used any more...

I'm actually surprised to see more commit flying in there. I should have
expected it though, as the people working in there traditionally did it in an
isolated fashion (I found its existence out of pure luck back in the days) and
it's apparently there for some distro use which moved to udisks recently (and
then needed to update it).

Now if some code can be borrowed from there I'm all for it. Design wise it's
not what I want to see landing in upstream though.

Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net