[Kde-hardware-devel] Fwd: KDE/kdelibs/solid/solid/backends/upnp

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Jul 6 22:53:34 CEST 2010

On Tuesday, July 06, 2010 07:26:23 pm Paulo Rômulo wrote:
> Hey, guys.
>
> I think we have to review our license headers (as warned in the attached
> e-mail). KDevelop only generates headers to LGPLv2, and our files have to
> be under LGPLv2+. I've updated the UPnP backend files. I could do it to
> the rest, when applicable.

Could you file a bg report against KDevelop, too? bugs.kde.org. Your software
in KDE SVN (and kdelibs in particular) must be:

- LGPLv2 or later (or)
- LGPLv2 or LGPLv3 or later version decided by KDE e.V. (or)
- BSD / MIT / X11

http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy

Note that the LGPLv2.1 itself contains a clause that allows automatic
relicensing; this makes the requirement to do v2 or later explicitly in the
program text a bit superfluous, but making it explicit is good in general:

  13. The Free Software Foundation may publish revised and/or new
versions of the Library General Public License from time to time.
Such new versions will be similar in spirit to the present version,
but may differ in detail to address new problems or concerns.

Each version is given a distinguishing version number.  If the Library
specifies a version number of this License which applies to it and
"any later version", you have the option of following the terms and
conditions either of that version or of any later version published by
the Free Software Foundation.  If the Library does not specify a
license version number, you may choose any version ever published by
the Free Software Foundation.