[Kde-hardware-devel] Hotplug dataengine performance

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jan 4 03:27:00 CET 2010

On December 18, 2009, Jacopo De Simoi wrote:
> the ~500ms per device that I was experiencing. HalVolume doesn't have a
> d-ptr, so I could only come out with the following patch, which is ugly,

HalVolume doesn't need a dptr: it's not a publicly exported class, so you can
add it to the class as a member safely.

imo this should be in 4.4 as it's almost certainly the root of the "my plasma
desktop takes $UNGODLY_NUMBER of seconds to start up" reports we've started
getting in the second half of the year (coinciding with the growing number of
predicate files).

Jocopo: if there aren't any "no"s this week, please commit. or if Kevin shows
up with a "yes" then commit then :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se