[Kde-hardware-devel] Bluetooth in KDE 4.5

Alex Fiestas alex at eyeos.org
Mon Feb 22 12:47:13 CET 2010

Yet another email about bluetooth+kde future, but this time is more about
the present than the future :) so keep reading!

Ereslibre, Edulix and I founded a new company here in Spain called "Software
Artisans" that of course is related to free software. As we all are kde
developers, and we already have some Qt and KDE projects going on here, we
felt
the need of returning back something to the community, so we have
decided to dedicate
2hours each day to work on KDE upstream stuff.

So, to summarize it a bit, we're all working on Bluetooth stuff and after 3
days of hacking we have already some good stuff ready to be reviewed (at least
like as a first stage) and another things that we'll finish in a few days.

So, this is our infernal plan to konquer the bluetooth world so
please, use this email
only to discuss the plan, I'll send a few more separate emails to discuss each
point.

* Name of the system: BlueDevil
* KDED which will listen DBus events (Agent and receive files).
* KIO for file browser (only for file browser!)
* Add support in remote kio to discover Bt devices and discover they services.
* Bluetooth KCM from where all devices will be administrated (Pairing etc).
* Review Solid, add more features or create a new library to hold them.

I think I do not forget anything, we've started all the mentioned the
points (we're 3
ppl so we've distributed the work), but only the KDED point is mature enought
to start reviewing it.

Again, Please use this thread only to discuss the plan! if you feel that we're
forgetting something or wherever, I'll send 1 email per point right now.

Cya and Happy Hacking!