[Kde-hardware-devel] Hotplug dataengine performance

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sun Feb 21 00:03:17 CET 2010

On Friday 18 December 2009 12:04:57 Jacopo De Simoi wrote:
> -    HalDevice lock("/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer");
> +    static HalDevice lock("/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer");
>
> now I'm down to ~50ms per device \o/
> Please let me know if there's a better way to implement the patch.

Indeed, going with the static local variable is not that great, but that keep
things simple so I would go for it anyway. That said, I would change the type
to Solid::Device instead of HalDevice, likely more robust and like we did with
the "drive" local variable around the same place.

Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net