[Kde-hardware-devel] Addition of resumingFromSuspend signal on Solid::PowerManagement::Notifier

Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho tuliom at quites.com.br
Fri Dec 3 12:41:29 CET 2010

Hello,

I'm facing a problem with the current implementation of the DBUS
service org.kde.Solid.PowerManagement.
As I understood, the DBUS signal
org.kde.Solid.PowerManagement.resumingFromSuspend is provided by Power
Devil, which is located at kdebase/workspace/powerdevil/daemon.
On this directory there is an XML file describing the service
necessary to create the adaptor.

The implementation of Solid::PowerManagement::Notifier is located at
kdelibs/solid/solid and I need the DBUS interface created from the xml
file explained above, but, IMHO, I don't think it's a good idea to
make kdelibs depends on a file from kdebase.

I was planning to move the file
kdebase/workspace/powerdevil/daemon/org.kde.Solid.PowerManagement.xml
to kdelibs/solid/solid and change the CMakeLists.txt of both
directories to correctly create the adaptor/interface.
This will create an incompatibility with the service
org.freedesktop.PowerManagement from kdelibs/solid/solid as both
interfaces have the same name. I was planning, so, to use the same
pattern as org.kde.Solid.PowerManagement.PolicyAgent:
org_kde_solid_powermanagement.*

Am I correct?
Do you agree with these changes?
Is there a better way to solve this problem?

Best regards,

--
Tulio Magno