[Kde-hardware-devel] Re: Any API to be notified when the system gets back from hibernation?

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Dec 1 19:26:00 CET 2010

On Wednesday 1 December 2010 18:55:38 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 01, 2010 17:51:15 Carlos Olmedo Escobar wrote:
> > I will use the dbus interface while the
> > Solid::PowerManagement::Notifier is not ready.
>
> For 4.6, you'll pretty much have to, as new features in the API is not
> allowed at this point in the cycle. (We're past feature freeze.) The
> Solid::Notifier integration will go into 4.7.

Well yes and no. We're past feature freeze but not past API freeze. And API
wise it's about adding one signal (which is actually the tipping point of a
feature which was planned: the transition to upower). It's just that this
signal got forgotten in the process somehow.

Wouldn't make sense to let people attack the dbus iface directly for a few
months to benefit from the feature while we always advocated against doing
so...

Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net