[Kde-hardware-devel] Re: Any API to be notified when the system gets back from hibernation?

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Dec 1 16:49:48 CET 2010

On Wednesday 1 December 2010 16:28:46 Lukáš Tinkl wrote:
> Dne Út 30. listopadu 2010 22:04:41 Sebastian Kügler napsal(a):
> > Hi Carlos,
> >
> > On Tuesday, November 30, 2010 17:18:32 Carlos Olmedo Escobar wrote:
> > > I need my app to detect when the system gets back from an hibernation,
> > > is this possible?
> >
> > Not yet, but we've come across the same problem in other code as well
> > (clock being wrong for up to one minute post-resume), and we're working
> > on a fix. Timeframe for this is 4.6, but I'm not 100% sure this part
> > actually made it. We did discuss it and came up with a solution during
> > the Solid sprint in October.
> >
> > The solution will involve connecting your method doSomethingPostResume()
> > (or similar) to a signal Solid will be providing.
> >
> > Cheers,
>
> It is currently possible in KDE trunk (to become KDE 4.6); you need to
> connect to the "resumingFromSuspend" signal on the
> org.kde.Solid.PowerManagement DBUS service.

Which reminds me we might want to add that to the
Solid::PowerManagement::Notifier class I think. We usually avoid people using
directly the D-Bus interface, that's why Solid::PowerManagement is there. And
I think this signal has its place.

Any taker for a patch? Should be easy and should make it easier for people in
the same situation than Carlos.

Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net