[Kde-hardware-devel] preliminary UPower backend for solid-power

Pino Toscano pino at kde.org
Sun Apr 18 12:41:56 CEST 2010

Hi people,

few hours ago, I uploaded to branches/work/~pino/solud-upower a
preliminary version of solid-power backend which uses the UPower daemon.

It should be working nicely, at least for the basic stuff (power line
and battery stats, and suspension/hibernation), handling also if UPower
exits and is restarted.
Most probably what it needs, excluding obvious review ;), is to finish
the commented out parts in the battery stats (whose logic was copied
from the HAL backend), and maybe look whether the currently
unimplemented stuff can be implemented somehow.
Also, for now I added a compatibility code, so you can compile and test
it with both 4.4 and trunk.
Furthermore, at the moment its priority is 110 (10 more than HAL's), so
if you install it remember it will be used by default.

(small OT, if there is Richard Hughes reading: which license does the
battery icon on the upower home page have?)

Feedback of any kind is highly appreciated.

--
Pino Toscano