[Kde-hardware-devel] solid network

Giovanni Venturi giovanni at ksniffer.org
Fri Apr 2 15:04:46 CEST 2010

Hello,
I was using solid in these days. I noted that the indformation related to
device network is very few. I don't get the network interface status
(up/down) and the IP/netmask assigned... Or maybe I'm not doing the correct
thing. I've tryed to see how KDE implements the solid network interface to
get the information on MAC and interface name... Can you point me on these?
I'm considering to use solid, but I need these information so or I try to
make a patch for KDE 4.5 to add these things if possible (I don't know
exactly how it works) or I use QNetwork class from Qt.
Can you point me on the files inside KDE
I found kdelibs/solid/solid . Do I need also kdebase-runtime?

Giovanni