[Kde-hardware-devel] UPnP integration in the network:// kio-slave

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Thu Sep 24 22:50:35 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Friedrich asked for this in a private mail. Let me dump my understanding of the

For a technical point of view I think the only thing that is needed to
integrate UPnP in network:// is an implementation of Mollet::Network
and Service. Because we use Coherence's DBus interface, at least at
first, this would come down to a simple mapping from the DBus signals
to Qt devicesAdded, devicesRemoved, servicesAdded and servicesRemoved
and the methods.

The DBus interface for device discovery I've been playing around with
for an Amarok Collection. As far as I can tell the Coherence side of
this is complete. At the first UPnP sprint in May we were working on
access to the content of a mediaserver. This is out of scope of the
network slave though.
The services i don't have an answer for yet. But i'm sure we can
address this at the next sprint little over a week from now.

Bart