[Kde-hardware-devel] Detecting when the computer gets back from suspend

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Nov 24 16:19:17 CET 2009

(adding hardware-devel to CC:)

On Tuesday 24 November 2009 15:21:53 Bruno Bigras wrote:
> 2009/11/24 Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org>:
> > On Friday 20 November 2009 20:38:06 Bruno Bigras wrote:
> >> Do you guys think implementing a wakeup detection thing in solid could
> >> be easily done?
> >
> > What is a wakeup detection thing?
>
> Sorry for my lack of clarity. I mean that solid would detect when the
> system would wakeup from suspend.
>
> It could be used to refresh plasmoid faster.

Ah, right. You're subject actually says that :)

The answer is: yes, we want that. It should come in  the form of a signal. The
specific use-case I have in mind is to update the clock applet after resume.
Currently, they stay out of sync for up to 59 seconds, post-suspend.

Do you want to give hacking up a patch a try?
--
sebas