[Kde-hardware-devel] eeePC manager using solid

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Mar 9 11:31:30 CET 2009

On Friday 6 March 2009 23:50:57 Nistor Andrei wrote:
> I am working on an app to toggle the hardware features (wireless lan,
> bluetooth, camera and card reader) of my eeePC 1000H. The eeepc-laptop
> kernel modules provides the following files to toggle those features:
> /sys/class/rfkill/rfkill0/state (wifi)
> /sys/class/rfkill/rfkill1/state (bt)

rfkill switches aren't exposed yet through libsolid but that's something we
could perhaps add in the future.

> /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/camera
> /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/cardr

Those ones I'm not sure which type they have so I can't really tell. Maybe
having the output of "solid-hardware list nonportableinfo" could help.

> Could I use Solid to accomplish this? If so, some sample code would be
> nice.

So right now you can't for any of them.

Ne font reculer l'ignorance."