[Kde-hardware-devel] eeePC manager using solid

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Jul 24 15:11:43 CEST 2009

Hello,

Wow, this one was sent in March already... Really sorry for the time to reply.

On Friday 13 March 2009 13:19:28 Nistor Andrei wrote:
> Attattched the output of "solid-hardware list nonportableinfo"

OK, looked at it because of:

> 2009/3/9 Kevin Ottens <ervin at kde.org>
> > On Friday 6 March 2009 23:50:57 Nistor Andrei wrote:
> > > /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/camera
> > > /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/cardr
> >
> > Those ones I'm not sure which type they have so I can't really tell.
> > Maybe having the output of "solid-hardware list nonportableinfo" could
> > help.

And they don't appear at all. So I think that HAL completely ignore those and
doesn't report them. In such a case we're just left alone in the dark and
can't take care of the corresponding devices.

Ne font reculer l'ignorance."