[Kde-hardware-devel] Bluetooth, anybody?

Tom Patzig tpatzig at suse.de
Tue Jan 13 17:33:31 CET 2009

Guillaume Pothier wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Bart Cerneels <bart.cerneels at kde.org> wrote:
>
>> It also offers information about devices. In that sense it's within
>> it's scope to inform apps about supported obex services. I don't know
>> where one would draw the line.
>>

> The enumeration of devices and services is already handled by Solid.

Exactly. You can ask the BluetoothRemoteDevice via Solid
'getProperties'. In that map you find a list of service uuids, these are
services that this device supports.
For example: 00001106-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb is the uuid for obex ftp.
> So I guess in that case the line is here: use Solid to get the
> identifier of an OBEX service, and then use obex-data-server to do the
> OBEX stuff. Correct?

Yes. Get the Obex ftp capability of a remote device via Solid (therefore
i've also added the method QStringList
Solid::Control::BluetoothRemoteDevice::uuids() ) and use
obex-data-server to browse the remote filesystem or do other obex stuff.

Tom