[Kde-hardware-devel] Bluetooth, anybody?

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Tue Jan 13 13:54:45 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Guillaume Pothier <gpothier at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Bart Cerneels <bart.cerneels at kde.org> wrote:
>> I propose to use OpenOBEX: http://dev.zuckschwerdt.org/openobex/ It's
>> even multiplatform (linux and windows, not sure about OSX but it
>> depends on libusb).
>
> Yep, I guess we would have to add a Solid wrapper around OpenOBEX?

To get the device enumerations you mean? OpenObex will enumerate USB
devices for you or allow you to use BT addresses or IP-addresses (for
obex over IP). IrDA doesn't need addressing since it's line-of-sight.

So I don't see why you need any solid support at all. Just a KIO slave
using ObexFTP will do for doing basic transfers. Solid could get the
UUIDs (service identifiers) to see which services are supported by a
device, but it's not really needed.

Bart