[Kde-hardware-devel] Bluetooth, anybody?

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Tue Jan 13 13:29:24 CET 2009

2009/1/11 Guillaume Pothier <gpothier at gmail.com>

> Hi,
> Is Solid bluetooth on somebody's radar currently? I started to
> implement the bluetooth kioslave (inside
> playground/network/kbluetooth4); for that I also had to modify a bit
> the Solid bluetooth API, which is currently in a rather bad shape,
> being in the middle of a porting to the latest bluez API. I'd like to
> commit that work now, it's far from fully working but it does
> something (basically you can browse the bluetooth network, but not use
> any services). The patch is attached. If nobody opposes, I'll commit
> that tomorrow.
> The next thing I'd like to do is implement the obex kioslave. Does
> anybody have suggestions or comments?

I propose to use OpenOBEX: http://dev.zuckschwerdt.org/openobex/ It's
even multiplatform (linux and windows, not sure about OSX but it
depends on libusb).
Also note that OBEX is not bluetooth only. I use it over USB for instance.

This has actually been on my todo list for ages. I mainly want an obex
kio-slave for use in Amarok. So I will definitely use and test it.

Bart