[Kde-hardware-devel] Solid::Control not finding local loopback

David Hubner hubnerd at ntlworld.com
Fri Dec 18 00:55:39 CET 2009

Hi,

I am just wondering what the design implementation thoughts are on solid::control::* not allowing an interface for local loopback. While finding the devices type Solid::DeviceInterface::NetworkInterface will bring back the local loopback device, getting IP info and an interface for this device is impossible in solid::control.

Is this because networkmanager does not provide information on the loopback device though the dbus interface? Or a design decision as local loopback is technically not a device?

I can provide a patch for this problem, i am just wondering what the situation on the subject is? :) I am using 4.3.4 not 4.4 beta so if this is fixed or if this has been talked about i am sorry :)

Thanks
--
David Hubner
IRC: hubnerd