[Kde-hardware-devel] String freeze exemption request for Solid (solid-qt.po)

Jacopo De Simoi wilderkde at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 21:40:06 CET 2009

Dear l10n heroes, hardware-developers
 Here is a patch that allows to better describe encrypted partitions as such; right now the behaviour is quite confusing
as the same string as for a regular media is shown...

The patch unfortunately adds one (and a half) string:

   description = QObject::tr("%1 Encrypted Container", "%1 is the size").arg(size_str);
   description = QObject::tr("Encrypted Container").arg(size_str);

An (*ALMOST*) newstring-free solution could be to add the (not translated) filesystem type (such as crypto_LUKS),
however this could be even worse than the previous solution (ordering fstype and size might be rather non-obvious)

Please let me know if such an exemption could be granted, if my alternative could be more acceptable or both are a no-go.
(also don't forget to CC me!)
Thanks a lot!

  Jacopo