[Kde-hardware-devel] Is there a solid (tm) way to tray optical drives?

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Apr 8 11:25:09 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 7 April 2009 20:07:14 Thomas Lübking wrote:
> Are there major limitations on some backends (hal seems to have support for
> this),

Well, hal supports querying what is in the tray (actually I implemented it
there). And we already report that AFAIK. I'm not sure it can report if it's
open/closed, no idea if it's even doable.

> reliability objections or just no one ever found the time to add
> this to Solid::OpticalDrive (which already can ::eject())

Well, never cared to add it, and you're the first to ask for the feature. :-)
I tend to keep the library use-case based, so to extend the current set of
features proposed I generally wait for someone having an use for it.

Ne font reculer l'ignorance."