[Kde-hardware-devel] UPnP: integration with coherence

Fabrizio Montesi famontesi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 00:18:23 CET 2008

On Saturday 29 November 2008 19:17:39 Armijn Hemel wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 17:40 -0700, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Thursday 27 November 2008, Armijn Hemel wrote:
> > > Any pros/cons that you can think of?
> >
> > first, python vs a c++ plugin to kded4 (hm .... should we allow python
> > addons to kded? wouldn't be hard, really)
>
> The original plan we had was to use Jolie.

Please keep me posted (I'm following the ML) if you find coherence or another
framework suited for your needs and go for it. I'm unable to find time to work
on this myself, but I'm still open to mentor people to work on this using
JOLIE and we're offering this as a possible thesis to students. Making the
necessary JOLIE bits this just requires knowing Java. (mmh I should probably
blog about this, I'll do so soon..).

Also, in case JOLIE is still an option perhaps we should just begin discussing
a practical use case so to get a more precise idea of what would be required
in order to outline what the implementation should be?

Cheers,
Fabrizio.