[Kde-hardware-devel] Network Manager

Christopher Blauvelt cblauvelt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 12:50:15 CET 2008

I recently introduced a Network Manager engine into plasma/playground and
there seems to be a bug that I believe is coming from the NM-0.6 backend.  A
network is never seen as active until it is activated by the backend but if
it's already activated whether by the NM daemon or some other means, the
backend won't be aware of this.  I believe this is cause the engine to
mis-identify the active wireless network when more than one network is
available.  I went through NM-svn and noticed that there are several methods
that allow one to simply query the active network or query if a network is
active but I couldn't find similar functions in NM-0.6.  Do these exist or
am I going to have to work around this as long as NM-0.6 is a supported
backend?
Thanks,
Chris