[Kde-hardware-devel] Additional solid device interfaces

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Jun 27 10:35:27 CEST 2008

Hello,

Again, sorry to jump that late in this thread.

Le Tuesday 10 June 2008, John Hughes a écrit :
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 3:18 AM, Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org> wrote:
> > > I'm sure it's possible to do so already by working with whatever raw
> > > usb device info solid is currently able to provide, but I'd like to see
> > > more support built in for these types of devices.
> >
> > Seems like an interesting and useful class of devices to look for / at.
> > But that would require a little prodding and probing by Solid to find out
> > what the device supports, wouldn't it?
>
> Exactly. My idea was to use libopenobex to probe the device from within a
> layer in Solid, similar to the BlueZ and the Network-manager connectors. I
> just want to make sure I'm facing the right direction before I run away
> with it!

I'd be glad to see more support there too.

Now, if you need to probe and all, Solid is probably not the first place to
start with (but HAL probably is, and once done with it then we can start to
expose info in Solid). Actually it could be possible that HAL already does the
necessary stuff there but I can't really check since I don't own such a phone.

Hope that helps.

Ne font reculer l'ignorance."